Monday, June 25, 2007

The sky is falling! The sy is falling!

Well, not really the sky. More like the ceiling of the bathroom. One of the joys of owning a home that is twice my age (who's counting, really!), is the fact that the house requires LOTS of upkeep! Wednesday evening, I noticed, while luxuriating in a hot shower, that the ceiling was about to fall down on me. Luxuriating out, panic in. Since it was 9:00ish in the evening, Mark insisted that we climb in the attic and figure out what was going on. So, we climbed up, & realized that there was a leak coming in. Duhhh.... Since I have class, and Mark was working on Thursday and Friday, this was not something that could be addressed in the immediate future. So, we created a contraption which consisted of PVC pipe, 2 boards, duct tape, screws and one paint stirrer (to get that one bit of ceiling that the other boards did not quite get to)that would hold the ceiling until Saturday. Saturday was spent vacuuming out the insulation above the bathroom, pulling down the sections of dry wall that were wet, re-installing the new (WATER RESISTANT) dry wall, and plugging the leak (hopefully). Now, I just need to prime, texture, and paint the new ceiling.

What fun.

I will try to post a couple of pics. Mark has informed me that pictures of this escapade are off limits. I, however, am pretty proud of what we both accomplished on our own. Mark and I were both ready to remodel the entire bathroom. If we had 2 showers, I think that the rest of the room would have been torn out.

Until next time

1 comment:

wcs said...

Ugh. I HATE when that happens. Good luck !